Specialty Products Company (www.specprod.com) pioneered the alignment parts business in 1971 and is the preferred brand by professional installers. Our company is an aftermarket and OEM automotive supplier and manufacturer known for its’ innovative quality products. Specialty Products Company is currently seeking:
- MANAGER, Engineering and Technical Services
The Manager of Engineering and Technical Services is responsible for the team and ultimately for the following functions;
- Sustaining Engineering
- New Product Development
- Documentation and Control
- Training & Technical Services
- In House; On-Line; Field Training Support; Technical articles for publication; Trade forum participation
- Technical Services
- CRM Database Management; Tech call; FAQ and Internal Knowledgebase; Vehicle procurement for new product development and application verification; Product instructions and videos
- Personnel management and direction of the team
- Maintaining department processes and documentation to ISO and TS requirements
- Setting annual Goals and Objectives to push the department and company forward toward meeting business strategies and objective as stated in Business Planning Process
- Develop and Maintain relationships with key customer contacts for application, current product feedback and new product development opportunities
- Set and execute department priorities and timelines to meet business needs and deliver as required
- Other duties as assigned
Engineering and Technical Services Manager is responsible for;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in engineering design
- BS in Engineering
- Prior work experience in successfully managing, directing and leading work teams.
- General knowledge of automobiles, suspensions & alignment methods
- Working knowledge of engineering software:
- CAD - preferably SolidWorks or other 3D Solids-based software
- Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- FEA - preferably SolidWorks Simulation
- Product Data Management – preferably EPDM
- Data Acquisition – preferably LabView
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of machine shop and general manufacturing capability
- Technical knowledge of SPC product line preferred
- Continuous learning of new engineering-related disciplines: computer software, documentation, design, and standards, etc.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Repetitively for periods up to 8 hours per day; Must be able to stand up to 8 hrs/day.; Continual bending throughout the day.; Sitting for up to 8 hrs/day.; Work at a computer station with keyboard for up to 10 hours per day.
Individuals hired by Specialty Products must first pass a drug screening and background check. We are a drug-free environment.
. Resumes may be faxed to 303-772-1918. Applications available and information may also be mailed to Specialty Products Company, 4045 Specialty Place, Longmont, CO. 80504 ATTN: Human Resources. NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.